LED Lighting Inc. Shipping and Return Policy
In the Continental United States, all items are shipped via FedEx Ground. Our warehouse is located in the Chicago area, so time in transit to the 48 contiguous United States is never more than 5 to 8 working days after the order has shipped out of our warehouse.
Shipping Terms & Policies
- Full freight allowed (“FFA”) on orders over $500 net if the order is shipped to a single commercial location within the continental United States. This policy excludes air shipments and custom/special orders. No freight allowed on orders drop shipped to a residence. Orders only qualify for free freight if payment terms are met. LLI typically ships via FedEx Ground. If expedited shipments or specific carriers are requested, the request must be in writing and the cost will be the responsibility of the requester.
- Items shipping outside the continental US incur additional costs. Customers will be given a freight estimate when order is processed and notified via email. Actual shipping charges will be provided via email once the order is shipped.
- Freight on shipments that meet FFA and are shipped to a commercial location in Canada, Alaska or Hawaii are prepaid by LLI to a continental U.S. forwarder's warehouse determined by the Sales Partner and billed to the Sales Partner and such shipments are the Sales Partner's responsibility beyond such point (including duties, taxes/customs, and brokerage fees).
- LLI reserves the right to refuse drop shipment or pick-up orders that are bound for destinations outside the distributor’s regular or assigned selling or service area. Drop shipments are subject to additional charges at LLI’s discretion.
- Special shipping accommodations are available if needed. Customers will be billed for these services as assessed by the freight company.
- Backorders that are the responsibility of LLI will be shipped F.O.B. Shipping Point with freight prepaid, providing the original order qualified for free freight.
- LLI is not responsible for shipments after they have been accepted by shipping company. Risk of loss and title pass to the customer upon our delivery to the carrier. Customers must examine all arriving merchandise, note visible damage on the bill of lading and if necessary, file a damage claim with the carrier. Customers should refuse damaged shipments.
- For expedited services (2nd Day Air, Overnight etc.) orders must be placed before 11am Central Standard Time for expedited shipment to occur the same day. Custom orders are an exception as they may require more time to produce. These will ship out via the selected service once the order has been completed.
Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii:
- Items shipping to Alaska and Hawaii will cost more and customers will be notified of additional shipping charges via email before the order is processed. Only upon customer's approval of the shipping charges, will the order proceed.
- Occasionally we will experience a delay in shipping a particular item. You will be given notification within 48 hours of the backorder and of when you can expect the back ordered items to arrive at our warehouse.
Accepted Methods of Payment:
- Sales Partners must complete and sign LLI’s Credit Application as well as LLI’s Sales Terms and Conditions for their account to be opened. Sales Partners must also send LLI their Blanket Certificate of Resale (signed form CRT-61), which must contain a valid sales tax exemption number for the Sales Partner’s respective state. Purchase orders will not be processed until these completed forms have been received and approved by LLI.
- Specific payment terms are indicated on all invoices. Typically, payment terms/dating are net thirty (30) days from invoice date for approved customers. Sales Partners will be on pre-pay (payment in advance) terms until they are granted net 30 terms.
- The Sales Partner’s credit limit will be determined at the time payment terms are granted.
- All payments can be remitted to the address indicated on the invoice, currently 1555 Barclay Blvd. Buffalo Grove, IL 60089.
- LLI accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover).
- Corporate checks, money orders, ACH and wire transfers (wire fees are the responsibility of the payee).
- Payments and deposits via check for orders over $200 will be held until cleared (typically three business days after receipt of check).
- Sales taxes will be applied to all orders being shipped to an Illinois address at the rate of 8%, unless we have a tax-exempt form on file.
- Past due accounts shall be charged a service fee of 1.5% per month or the maximum legal rate of interest, whichever is less. LLI may suspend delivery of any order until any past due payments are made.
- Sales Partner agrees to submit financial information as may be reasonablly requested by LLI to establish and/or continue credit terms. LLI will verify references, status with D & B, and the BBB. LLI, at any time, may change credit limits or cease credit to a Sales Partner.
- Sales taxes will be applied to all orders being shipped to an Illinois address at the rate of 8%, unless we have a tax-exempt form on file. Please fax tax-exempt forms to 847-412-4881.
- Product is not returnable without the written consent of LLI. Returned goods require a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) number. Unless defective, are subject to a minimum restocking charge of 25%. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
- A Sales Partner may offer to its end-user customers a return option. Returns must be requested from the Sales Partner within thirty (30) days after a customer’s order placement. Note that no returns on custom orders or discontinued items are accepted.
- A Sales Partner must contact LLI and submit a completed RMA request form within thirty (30) days of reciept of the order. RMA request forms are available from customer service. Please send completed RMA request forms via email to email@example.com or fax to 847-412-4881. LLI will not accept returns without prior authorization and the appropriate RMA number. Product returned without authorization may be refused or returned at shipper's expense.
- Once issued, RMA numbers are valid for thirty (30) days within which time returned Products must be received by LLI. The RMA number must be prominently displayed on the shipping label for the returned product. The Sales Partner must send LLI a copy of the invoice marked “Returned for Credit”.
- All returned goods must be in excellent, resalable condition and packaged in the original carton with all inside packing intact. Products will be inspected upon return and any service or repair needed to place them to resalable condition will be charged and added to the restocking charge. A 25% restocking charge may apply.
- The Sales Partner maybe responsible for shipping the product to LLI and covering any shipping costs. All freight, transportation or insurance costs required for the return delivery must be prepaid. These costs are non-refundable.
- Product refunds will appear as a credit on your billing statement.
- Additional Notes:
- LLI reserves the right to not accept returns of any unsold Products from its Sales Partners.
- Defective units must be returned or the Sales Partner will be billed for the cost of the replacements.
Custom Illumination Solutions
Contact LED Lighting Inc. for creative, energy-efficient LED Lighting solutions. LED Lighting Inc., the future of lighting.